The Antisocial Engineer Limited is an ethical social engineering consultancy helping organisations to protect themselves against malicious attacks. Our clients range from banks to leading multinationals — anyone with data, financial resources, intellectual property or a reputation to protect.
Principal consultant Richard De Vere has an extensive background in penetration testing and social engineering, including ‘red team’ exercises and information gathering assessments.
Our team includes other experienced social engineers as well as individuals with specific technical strengths.
Web Application Testing is performed by our highly acclaimed ethical hackers, with an extensive public exhibit of bug bounty work.
Clients, Articles & Associates
Previous projects include:
- Assessing a high street bank for staff vulnerabilities. Our social media assessment identified several weaknesses which have now been addressed through an updated social media policy.
- Providing phishing simulations to government organisations in the role of lead technical consultant for an e-learning training company.
- Simulated phishing attacks on a leading pharmaceutical company looking to protect the confidentiality of drug pipeline data. New induction and training programs were introduced as a result.
- Penetration testing for a hedge fund, assessing both technical and social engineering vulnerabilities. Our assessment identified critical security flaws which were subsequently patched.
- Web application test for a Zoo, ensuring soon to be released e-commerce sites were hardened accordingly.
- Many more available on request.
- Vice Media – How a Hacker Can Take Over Your Life by Hijacking Your Phone Number
- SC Magazine – Kettering General Hospital ‘investigating’ email data breach
- Tripwire, State-of-Security – Taking a look at the real African Social Engineers
- Tripwire, State-of-Security – Taking a look at the real British Social Engineers
- Tripwire, State-of-Security – The Anatomy of a Sakawa Scam
- IT Governance – InfoSec Interviews: Social Engineer, Richard De Vere
- Financial Times – Sage raises the alarm after client data breach
- Financial Times – Cyber attack survival guide
- Cyber Security Challenge Sponsor 2015
- Cyber Growth Partnership Member
- YCSC Event Sponsor 2016
- Procserve Government Registered Supplier
Our Business Aim:
- To reduce victims of cyber-enabled crime, focussing on a reduction of malicious social engineering attacks.
Our Business Objectives:
- Make a profit by reducing cybercrime, enough to bring year on year a 10% growth in our business.
- Bring regulation to the sending of SMS messages with masked sender ID’s, the kind of messages commonly utilised by fraudsters.
- Continue to raise awareness of cyber security issues, highlighting the dangers of these issues.
- Partner with organisations that align with our business aim and can mutually benefit from our co-operation.
Our Business Values:
- Stay antisocial, to think differently and contrary to the information security industry as a whole.
- Help anyone in need of assistance, regardless of direct profit or status.
- Keep it ego-free, stylish if possible and low key – unless media hype is needed!
Company Number: 09367111
V.A.T Number: 233024358